Monday, May 26, 2008

Pack up, Pack out

Only a few more days left! Which means, only a few more days to pack my crap. I've packed one box...and it hardly looks like I've packed anything. Kind of pathetic, really. I'm not sure how I've acquired so much stuff. I can't really even see my floor right now...there is stuff EVERYWHERE. I guess everything is sort of just spread out everywhere, so it just looks like I have a bunch of stuff...at least that's what I'm hoping. Most of this stuff I'm looking at right now could probably just be thrown away. I'm such a pack rat. I have such a hard time throwing anything away. I'm going to be forced to now though...I don't want to ship eight million boxes home. I'd be willing to pay someone to pack my stuff for me.

I have a sleeping bag here that I will probably just donate to First Aid, as well as some twin sheets that I don't need back home, since I have a queen sized bed. I have a bunch of shirts and boardshorts that I will leave for the New Fish. A few pairs of shoes that I have here will probably just get thrown out because they are so worn out from wearing them here on the island...clothes get ruined quickly here.

I'm not sure that there is anything I hate doing more than packing. Just think...once I get home in a month or two I'll probably be moving AGAIN. I think I'm going to start selling things on Ebay that I don't want anymore...I can't be so attached to things anymore. They weigh me down.

Anyways, excuse me, I must go procrastinate on this whole packing thing again.

UPDATE:
My room is looking much better...I'm currently doing my laundry and seperating things I want to keep from things that will stay here for the new people coming in and things that will get shipped to the Mission. It actually looks like I've done something. Seems I do my best work late at night!

No comments: