Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Is it weird that I think the group of 8th grade boys I have this week are pretty hot? OK, not that they're hot right NOW per se...but I think that when they are older, they'll be hot. I don't know. A part of me feels weird about that. There is one boy, who, if I was in 8th grade, I'd be totally crushing on him. Stoney (not a nickname!) is not super good looking (I never went after the good-looking ones anyway), but he's nice, interesting, and he plays the guitar and bass...totally the guy that I would have liked. The other boys are hilariously funny, which, alone, would have totally had me crushing on them if I was their age.


It's weird to think that way about students. Especially since I'm practically twice their age, but you can't help having your "favorites". I have a group of 14 kids this week - all the kids in their class at school - and I've been spoiling all of them pretty rotten. We went on our day trip today and I stopped in town and bought them candy. They loved that. I've been giving them extra treats since they've been here. Mostly because I can, but also because they're great kids. No bullies, no troublemakers, no one is disrespectful, they clean up after themselves and help one another out. They are an ideal group of kids. It's a great way to end my final season here.


The daytrip today was awesome. The surf was up, so we were able to body surf and boogie board. The kids had a blast. We also had some extra time, so we stopped in Two Harbors and let them play volleyball and basketball (the boys are really good! They beat a group of kids almost twice as big as them!). It was the best daytrip of the season, in my opinion.


I've had some bad flare ups recently, so I was nervous about having a group of kids alone for the entire week, but I've stopped dealing with dance studio stuff for the week and I've felt exponentially better. I can't afford to have flare-ups right now, so I've decided to stay as far away from studio stuff as possible. It seems to be doing the trick so far.

My room is a disaster...I have clothes everywhere. Some are half clean, some are dirty, some are completely clean. I've also got random shit everywhere. As I'm packing up to go home next week, I realized that I've acquired a crap load of stuff...not sure how...but I have. I'm going to spend a fortune on shipping.

No comments: