Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dreaming, Pick up Lines, and Heiny Cakes

I had an inappropriate dream about Boy Scout Adam last night. Don't get me wrong, he's a cutie and all...but whenever I have dreams about men who AREN'T Jerry...it makes me uncomfortable. The last inappropriate dream I had was a couple of weeks ago that included a chaperone from a school I was teaching on. That one was WAAAAY more inappropriate than the one last night...but since that chaperone is no longer around, it affected me way less - I see Boy Scout Adam everyday. *Shudders*

Today was a fabulous day. The kids are awesome - I will miss them when they leave tomorrow. I plan on sending them a box of goodies when I get back on the mainland. I have a couple ideas of some fun gifts to get a couple of them. We did a round of "roses and thorns" this afternoon. It really sounded like they had a good time. This one kid we call Saenz said he loved the food, but was sad he couldn't hang out with me the entire time. The kid is the biggest flirt I know. He and a couple of the other boys have also been practicing pick-up lines on me this week. My favorite one has been "Hey, Annie, you make my 2X4 a 2X8." They're ridiculous and I will miss them. The boys are really close-knit. It's nice to see a group of guys with such a great relationship. Sometimes it's creepy how close they are, but I think they do the weird stuff like hold hands and skip simply for shock-value.

I talked to Jerry today and he sounds like he's in a great mood. He's been saying for the last few days that I should skip clean up and just come home. I wish. I can't wait to get back home. Leaving here is bittersweet. I will miss a lot about it and I will NOT miss a lot about it. I will miss Jenny's smile and advice. I will miss Jen's friendship and love. I will miss Kyle's sense of humor and caring ways. I will miss Doorstop's Heiny-cakes. I will miss calling Craig and Kris's retards. I will miss Alex just stopping at my room for a chat and picking on him for being the biggest dork in the universe. I will miss Wiley's intelligence and frankness. Yes. I will miss some of them.

But there is so much ahead of me! I'm anxious to get my life back in Michigan. It will definitely be an adjustment...but what ISN'T an adjustment for me anymore? Life is full of change. And change definitely involves adjustment.

No comments: